Cost-effective, space-saving professional overhead scanner, 300-600dpi, optically adjustable
The ElarScan A2-400 overhead scanner series is designed to digitize bound and flat documents of various types up to DIN A2+ in any physical state, including those with incomplete opening, jams and other features.
ElarScan A2 models are equipped with CMOS RGB sensors with a large depth of field, the ability to pre-process scans in LiveView mode, an autofocusing system and an interactive optical zoom for digital control of the scanning resolution.
Interactive optical zoom with digital control
Unique feature of ElarScan A2 is an interactive optical zoom that allows you to digitize small objects and fragments with increased optical resolution without software interpolation, quickly select and control the optimal output scanning resolution. Intuitive control from the program interface or from the control panel allows you to set the desired size or select the document format. Supported by professional software for document imaging (SDI), the optical system automatically determines the optimal scanning area, smoothly reconfiguring the optics to achieve maximum resolution.
Pre-processing of images in LiveView mode
The original to be scanned is not only displayed on the screen in real time (LiveView), but also allows for pre-processing of images without pre-scanning - by live preview on the operator's screen: including FreeFrame to scan up to 20 fragments at once, for auto-format, multi-masking, page splitting, cropping and other operations. The feature is supported by optional professional software for document imaging (SDI).
ElarScan's scanning is organized for convenience of the operator and provides the highest digitization performance. User only needs to place the document on the cradle (face up) and start scanning in any of the convenient ways: using the embedded control software, using scan start buttons on the housing or optional footswitch. Using the professional software for document imaging (SDI), it is possible to set up scanning start with a preset delay time and auto-start of scanning upon detection of the completion of a page turn (or change an original).
Ergonomic control panel ElarScan A2 was developed on the basis of many years of experience in mass document digitization projects. Dust and moisture protection design with LED indication of operating modes is implemented. All buttons on the control panel have a clear pictograms.
Integrated adaptive lights
The high quality of scanning and correct color reproduction are ensured, among other things, by modern repro-illumination technology.
Cool LED-lights do not emit harmful UV and IR radiation and provide a long lifetime. ElarScan's flexible adaptive lighting system makes it possible to eliminate a blinds, glares and shadows, even when using pressure glasses. Activation of the illumination occurs during scanning, you can also set the constant light mode.
The cradle has the ability to open 90, 120 and 180 degrees and is designed to scan originals up to 15 cm thick and weighing up to 15 kg.
All the main structural elements of the book cradle are made of metal and are designed for long-term intensive work. If it is necessary to align originals in the V-mode, it is possible to use the stand-alone flattening glass (option).
SDI (software for document imaging) includes a wide range of intelligent scanning functions, project and user profile management, image post-processing, including:
- Pre-processing of scans based on live preview. ElarScan performs many imaging operations in LiveView mode - before scanning, including selecting up to 20 areas (fragments) for simultaneous FreeFrame-scanning, setting up automatic formatting, multi-masking, pagination, cropping, etc. Put several objects on the cradle - the system will automatically detect each and create separate files in one scan.
- The built-in OCR engine. In streaming post-processing mode, ElarScan automatically recognizes text in 50+ languages and creates PDF/A with full-text search capability.
- Virtual assistants. Translucent templates of previously scanned documents and a grid of guide lines superimposed on the live image on the screen help the operator position the original on the cradle.
- Laser 3D-correction of page curvature. If it is not possible to smooth out the pressure glasses, the laser system will conduct a three-dimensional analysis of the original in real time and help eliminate the bend in the scanned images.
- Manage projects and user profiles. The operator can save the selected optimal settings for later use for similar documents. Each started scanning project can be copied to other ElarScans for joint work with common settings, as well as exported (transferred) to another ElarScan at any stage of execution - along with already made scans and post-processing.
- Post-processing editor. More than 40 built-in filters are available to set up automatic batch post-processing, implemented including in "night" and in the background - including image correction and enhancement, generation of output file formats. The system allows you to set up "hot folders" for collecting and collaborative post-processing of images from multiple devices, including document scanners of other types and manufacturers.
|Integrated, adaptive, LED lamps without IR and UV radiation.
|Camera with CMOS RGB sensor.
|300-600dpi, optically adjustable.
|Interactive optical zoom:
|With feedback and digital control, with the ability to automatically adjust the maximum resolution for a given scanning format (when using Professional version software — an option).
|A2++ (650×420 mm).
|0,5 sec., regardless of the size of the original.
|Max. thickness of originals:
|Max. weight of originals:
|Software for document imaging (SDI) basic version functions:
|Additional functions of Software for document imaging (SDI) full version:
|USB; LAN (Gigabit Ethernet).
|Additional (optional) modules and accessories:
|Dimensions: (L×W×H) — 620×640×730 mm
Weight: 30 kg
Power: 100-220V, 350W.
We reserve the right to make changes without prior notice. Technical specifications and scope of delivery may vary depending on the region. Contact our authorized sales partner for more information.