Overhead DIN A1+ scanner with 4-segment lighting system and automated cradle.
ElarScan A1-600KS: 300-800 dpi, optically adjustable;
ElarScan A1-800KS: 400-1000 dpi, optically adjustable
ElarScan A1 overhead professional scanner is designed for fast and convenient contactless digitization of books, bound and separate documents of various types in any physical state, other objects up to A1+ format, including such applications as
- Old book editions and vintage originals digitization
- Museum digital collections creation
- Scanning of stapled folders and other archival materials
- Digitization centers equipping
Highlights & benefits
- Scanning of any documents and objects up to DIN A1+
- ISO-19264-1 quality accordance with optically adjustable resolution in the range of 300-800 dpi for originals from DIN A1 to DIN A4+
- Pre-processing of images in LiveView mode (real time) – without pre-scanning
- FreeFrame scanning with up to 20 fragments at once
- Integrated flat folding glass and reinforced automated cradle witch can be opened for 90, 120 and 180 degrees for scanning any originals up to 30 cm thick and weighing up to 50 kg
- Adaptive 4-segment repro-type lighters without IR and UV and with independent adjustment of each segment
- The "Anti-Glare" mode for automatic glare eliminating provides the ability to gain the improved image of the glossy or reflecting original in various lighting conditions.
- Ready-to-use planetary scanning system with integrated computer and software embedded
- Scanning solutions based on 30-year experience of streaming digitization.
Adjustable optical resolution
Industrial CMOS cameras with optically adjustable resolution allow the digitization with adjustment for originals of various size, thickness and texture. The scanner provides 300 dpi resolution according to the quality standard ISO-1926451 for full DIN A1 format and ISO 400 dpi for full DIN A2 format. For smaller items and fragments in macro-mode ElarScan A1 provides up to 800 dpi resolution.
Adaptive repro-type lighters with "Anti-glare" mode
The scanner is equipped with an adjustable 4-zone adaptive LED lighting system that does not cause harmful ultraviolet and infrared light and provides equal illumination over the scanning area. The ElarScan A1 illumination system consists of four LED repro-type lighters with independent tilt angle adjustment, allowing to eliminate glare and shadows, as well as to convey the texture of art objects.
In "Anti-glare" mode, the scanner automatically synthesizes the correct image of glossy and reflective original from several scans taken under different lighting conditions, ensuring the elimination of blind areas.
Universal automated cradle
ElarScan A1 is equipped with reinforced automated cradle for working with massive originals up to 30 cm thick and weighing up to 50 kg. Pressing the original to integrated flat glass is controlled by buttons on the the scanner’s control panel. Book cradle has V-shaped mode with opening angles of 90, 120 and 180 degrees. It is possible to lift the cradle wings independently and to push them apart for the thickness of book fold. Then extended, cradle has a recess for the book binding, which prevents its deformation and damage. All the main structural elements of the cradle are made of metal and designed for long intensive use.
Integrated PC with software
ElarScan is a stand-alone device with an integrated computer. ElarScan users have everything they need to start digitizing immediately after the scanner installation is completed. Electronic images can be saved on the scanner's internal memory, on external USB drive, or transferred to the network via a Gigabit Ethernet interface: to any PC, server, or cloud storage.
"Professional version" of software (option) is the best choice for convenient professional work. It supports a full set of hardware functions and flexible software capabilities, based on many years of experience in mass digitization of documents.
SDI (software for document imaging) “Professional version” (option) includes a wide range of intelligent scanning functions, project and user profile management, image post-processing, including:
- Pre-processing in LiveView mode. ElarScan performs many imaging operations in LiveView mode - before scanning, including selecting up to 20 areas (fragments) for simultaneous FreeFrame-scanning, setting up automatic formatting, multi-masking, pagination, cropping, etc. Put several objects on the cradle - the system will automatically detect each and create separate files in one scan.
- The built-in OCR engine. In streaming post-processing mode, ElarScan automatically recognizes text in 50+ languages and creates PDF/A with full-text search capability.
- Manager of projects and user profiles. The operator can save the selected optimal settings for later use for similar documents. Each started scanning project can be copied to other ElarScan for joint work with common settings, as well as exported (transferred) to another ElarScan at any stage of execution - along with already made scans and post-processing.
- Post-processing editor. More than 40 built-in filters are available to set up automatic batch post-processing, implemented including in "night" and in the background - including image correction and enhancement, generation of output file formats. The system allows you to set up "hot folders" for collecting and collaborative post-processing of images from multiple devices, including document scanners of other types and manufacturers.
Set of equipment
- Integrated flat folding glass and reinforced automated cradle with opening angles of lodgments of 90, 120 and 180 degrees
- Built-in computer with keyboard, mouse and high-resolution monitor
- Pre-installed SDI (software for document imaging) "Basic version" to control the basic functions of the scanner.
For professional work, we recommend SDI (software for document imaging) "Professional version" (optional), which supports a wide range of intelligent functions, project management and user profiles, organization of batch scanning and export of results, post-processing of scanned images using a wide range of filters and algorithms
- CMOS sensor camera and optics with height adjustment zoom mechanics
- 4-zone adjustable LED lighting subsystem, UV- and IR-free
- Foot pedal to start scanning without using the operator's hands
|Large format high resolution planetary scanner
|Integrated flat folding glass and reinforced automated cradle with opening angle of 90, 120 and 180 degrees, independent adjustment of lodgments and an adjustable recess for the spine
|Max. thickness of originals:
|Max. weight of originals:
|0.5 sec*, regardless of original size.
|Industrial camera with CMOS RGB sensor.
|Manual control of the camera height by mechanics to set the optimal format and optical scanning resolution.
|4-segment adaptive LED repro lighting system without IR and UV radiation. Anti-glare scanning mode to avoid a blind areas from glossy and reflective originals.
|SDI (software for document imaging) "Basic version" functions:
|Additional functions of "Professional version" SDI (software for document imaging):
|"Basic version" software:
|Additional modules and accessories:
|Dimensions: (LxWxH) 1240x1700x2060 mm (1240x2200x2060 mm in working position); Weight: 253,4 kg; Power supply: 220V, 250W.
|* — depends on the selected scan settings and the enabled processing and post-processing functions.